The Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program, being implemented pursuant to Executive Order 330 of 1996, is an educational assessment scheme which recognizes knowledge, skills and prior learning obtained by individuals from non-formal and informal education experiences. It employs equivalency competence standards and a comprehensive assessment system involving written test, interview, skills, demonstration, and other creative assessment methodologies. A Panel of assessors is constituted to determine the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and attitudes relevant to a particular discipline, and consequently equivalent credits and appropriate degrees are conferred by NEU.
Expand and strengthen the system of academic equivalency and validation of knowledge and expertise derived by individuals from relevant work experiences and high level non-formal training in order to harness their full potentials.
Provide individuals with proven competence, access to opportunities that will prepare them for higher value jobs required for achieving global competitiveness, advancing strategic concerns of the state and of the global community, and in promoting sustainable development.
Accredit and assess prior non-formal and/or informal learning of individuals toward the conferment of equivalency degrees.
- Confer higher education degrees to deserving candidates.
- BSBA Major in Financial Management
- BSBA Major in Human Resource Development Management
- BSBA Major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino
Filipino citizen at least high school graduate or must passed PEPT examinations equivalent to first year college or Tuloy Aral Program equivalent to college level.
- Has at least five (5) years of very satisfactory work-related experience.
- Must be at least twenty-two (25) years old.
- Must pass the behavioral examinations given by the guidance office upon entry to the program.
- Able to show evidence of capability and thorough knowledge through the following:
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by the government regulatory board.
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by the employer/s.
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by a licensed practitioner in the field.
- Business registration.
- Awards received from the government and other established organizations and agencies.
- Published books, articles, institutional materials, and inventions.
- Filipino citizen and a Bachelor’s degree holder in a recognized institution/s.
- Has at least fifteen (15) years work-related experience including five years of junior managerial experience.
- Hold high position in the industry/academic where he/she is working.
- Form 137A (High School Card)/PEPT Certificate/Tuloy Aral Certificate/Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Employment with job descriptions
- Medical Certificate
- Proficiency Certificate by:
- Government Regulatory Board
- Licensed practitioner in the field
- Business Certification
- NBI/Barangay Clearance
- Recommendation letter from immediate superior
- Personality Assessment
- Attend orientation session (Room 330 NEU College Building or College of Education Office)
- Secure and submit application forms from CHED ETEEAP Secretariat. (Application Form is also available at NEU ETEEAP Office)
- Submit applicable documents listed on item 5 (1-10) to the office of the University Registrar for pre-evaluation. (A Routing Slip will be provided).
- Submit for interview
Wait for the NEU Center of Accreditation and Equivalency (NEU CAE) notice regarding the status of application. NEU CAE will verify the claims of the applicant
If through a notice, the applicant is qualified, he/she can undergo the process of assessment and accreditation. This will be done by a Panel of Assessors.
If the candidate satisfies all the standards, he/she can process his application for graduation. If majority of the members of the Panel of Assessors find deficiencies from the applicant’s portfolio and skill demonstration, the candidate will be recommended to undergo supplementary activities.
The candidate undergoes final evaluation. A candidate for master’s degree may enroll in Seminar in Thesis writing and subsequently or simultaneously in Thesis Writing.
- Attend the awarding of degree earned.
Non-formal Education – involvement in trainings, seminars, workshops endorsed by CHED and sponsored by credible organizations. This is done by validating the training programs and designs.
Informal Learning – or knowledge obtained through self-study and field exposure. It is assessed through the conduct of written and oral communications, product presentation or skill demonstration.
Portfolio Assessment – requires the candidate to organize the claims of learning according to the standard of learning competencies prescribed by the CHED Technical Panel or as indicated in the NEU Curriculum.
Chairperson — Director of Center of Accreditation and Equivalency or the Dean/Department Head of the Program to which the applicant seeks equivalency.
Members — one internal member from the senior Professors handling professional subjects or a senior Professor handling general education subjects, and one external member who is a NEU alumus/alumna in related managerial position or a CHED representative or a representative of related professional organization.
The assessors, internal or external must be preferably holders of related mater’s or doctorate.
At least one semester or more, depending on the ability of the applicant to satisfy all the accreditation and equivalency requirements.
When can ETEEAP Candidates Graduate?
During the regular annual commencement rites of the tertiary level held at the end of every second semester.
What will the ETEEAP Graduate Receive as Proof of Graduation?
- NEU diploma
- Transcript of Records
- A copy of the undergraduate or master’s thesis
Visit or call ETEEAP Office at CED-CTL Integrated School (IS) Building A (Ground Floor).
Tel. # (+632) 981-4221 locals 3897 and 3814.