There are two widely used learning techniques or modes of delivery of instructions and curriculum. These two learning methods are Synchronous Mode and Asynchronous Mode.
Although, Asynchronous method was more popular before, recent improvements in technology and affordability of broadband internet connection have led to the growing popularity of Synchronous method over Asynchronous method.
Thus, as a very strong support of NEU Open University face-to-face classes, these modes of delivery will also be used.
Video Conferencing Scheduling Schemes:
- Primary: IBS-VCS TrueConf (20+ Students Per Simultaneous Session)
- Cisco Webex Video Conference Collaboration Solution
- One-to-one Video calls using YM, Skype, etc.
- Google Apps Education Collaboration Tools (Since 2011)
Face-to-Face through Learning Centers (LC)
SCHEDULES OF MANDATORY FACE-TO-FACE (Undergraduates Courses Only): Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Look for Prof. Alkaye.
The NEU-OU Internet Broadcast Station (IBS)
Our US-Based Learning Center has acquired latest version of Video Conferencing Server (VCS) product designed for multipoint video conferencing both inside the local network and via the Internet. Through this software, our Internet Broadcast Station (IBS) can handle “virtual-live-classroom” at a time with an ideal number of students per session. The software has the following capabilities:
- Video Call. A perfect way of contacting students by means of the latest innovations in communication industry. Point-to-point personal video call makes it possible for two parties to see and hear each other, exchange messages, links and files, work together on the documents in a comfortable environment while in different places.
- Multipoint Video Conferences. Online video conference where some participants can see and hear each other and collaboratively work on the documents, discuss things and make decisions.
- Audio-Video Lectures. All the participants of the conference can see and hear the teacher, who in turn sees and hears all of them. The discussion is recordable.
- Text Interaction at Video Conferencing. Instant messaging (text) can be done publicly and privately. Students can use it to share text messages, links and comments with all student-participants of a conference. Text Interaction is available all the time and students don’t have to be in a conference to use it. It can be opened whenever a student wants to start exchanging messages with another student anytime.
- File Transfer and Desktop Sharing at Video Conferencing. File transfer allows the student to send files during a video conferencing directly to another student/s without using third-party solutions. File transfer is used when it is necessary to send files of various types: photos, audio and video files, documents etc. File transfer is quite useful as users don’t have to deal with FTP, upload sites, flash drivers, CDs, emails, file size limits, archiving and upload/download speed limits. File transfer function is in high demand during the conferences and is available to all users without restriction.